Configuring kerberos on Solaris

Ganesh ganeshv at india.hp.com
Tue Apr 1 11:48:08 EST 2003

I'm tring to authenticate the users of my application
from web with the kerberos set up. I've successfully
compiled the pam_krb5.so.1 from the source code provided in
http://www.fcusack.com.
I've set up my apache to load the pam module and all
other related stuff. Now I'm able to authenticate the
users with all that I've.

But with the existing source code for pam_krb5.so, I'm
able to authenticate only those users who have a valid
unix account also apart from having a Kerberos account.
My application has nothing to do with the unix login,
so can I go ahead and tailor the source code to my need,
i.e comment out the portion which looks for the unix login.

Is there any vulnarability, with this approach or is there
any better way with which I can overcome this issue ?
Please let me know your ideas and suggestions.

With Regards,
Ganesh.