kinit failing to auth to win2k kdc

Olson, John C John.Olson at nationalcity.com
Fri Sep 27 09:11:23 EDT 2002

Hello,

I apologize in advance for this newbie question but I've done a bunch of
searching and cannot find the solution to my problem.

I am trying to run auth to a win2k kdc via 'kinit administrator at REALM' but
keep getting a 'kinit: KDC reply did not match expectations while getting
initial credentials' error message.  I know that I am getting connected and
that the password is correct and received by the win2k kdc because I get
different error messages when that happens.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,
John