need advice with kerberos and nfs

Dirk Pape pape at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 3 02:49:28 EDT 2002

Hallo Jason,

In article <20020902202706.A20508 at got.wedgie.org>,
 jgarman at wedgie.org (Jason Garman) wrote:

> Have you considered OpenAFS?  It's the Transarc AFS enterprise file
> system, released to Open Source about a year ago, that uses Kerberos
> authentication.  It works on all of the platforms you've mentioned.
>
> It has a rather large learning curve but has many advantages over NFS. The
> web site is www.openafs.org.

thanks. Yes, we considered that, but we have no experience yet with AFS.
So we try to stay with NFS for a whil. But if the step to kerberize NFS
is equally or more dificult than to employ AFS we will do the latter.

I see there are many internet ressources at mit.edu about employing AFS.

Regards,
Dirk.

--
Dr. Dirk Pape (Leiter des Rechnerbetriebs)
FB Mathematik und Informatik der FU-Berlin