Talking with Kerberized services using GSS-API

Christian cgregoir99 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 05:55:25 EDT 2002

"Christian" <cgregoir99 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3dafbb25$0$210$4d4eb98e at read.news.fr.uu.net...
> Hello guys,
>
> I want my application to be able to talk with services secured with
Kerberos
> (telnetd for instance). I've started to have a look at MIT's GSS-API
> examples, but I'm wondering : is it compatible ? I mean, can my app
> developped with GSS-API talk to services like MIT Kerberos telnetd ?
>
> Looking at the gss-client and gss-sserver examples, they have their own
> implementation of token handling. The GSS-API Programming Guide by SUN
says
> that it it the responsability of the application to send and receive
tokens
> and manipulate them according to their type.
>
> So am I going the right way or should I switch to Kerberos APIs ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Christian.

I've tried to use sserver example (K5 API) along with gss-client example and
it fails at context initialization. At one step, the client has sent tokens
and wait for the server to reply. The server runs krb5_recvauth but this
function never returns, data sent by the client not being in the right
format i suppose.

I guess this is not supposed to work Is it the answer to my question, that
K5 API and GSS-API are not compatible ?

Christian.