Talking with Kerberized services using GSS-API

Christian cgregoir99 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 03:47:46 EDT 2002

Hello guys,

I want my application to be able to talk with services secured with Kerberos
(telnetd for instance). I've started to have a look at MIT's GSS-API
examples, but I'm wondering : is it compatible ? I mean, can my app
developped with GSS-API talk to services like MIT Kerberos telnetd ?

Looking at the gss-client and gss-sserver examples, they have their own
implementation of token handling. The GSS-API Programming Guide by SUN says
that it it the responsability of the application to send and receive tokens
and manipulate them according to their type.

So am I going the right way or should I switch to Kerberos APIs ?

Thanks.

Christian.