Kerberos for Windows

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 15 19:09:51 EDT 2002

>>>>> "Leslie" == Leslie Powell <powell.l at edincc.co.uk> writes:

    Leslie>    Dear Sir

Hi.  I don't think you quite reached the right list.  The list
kerberos at mit.edu is a large discussion list not a contact address for
the MIT Kerberos team.  It turns out a lot of the members of the MIT
Kerberos team do read this list, but so do many other people.

Asking export questions on the kerberos at mit.edu list is a fine thing
to do, I just don't think it is what you thought you were doing.
    Leslie>    We would like to gain access to Kerberos for Windows,
    Leslie> in order to do some proof of concept work at our business.
    Leslie> Unfortunately, this appears to be downloadable only to
    Leslie> those having a valid MIT Certificate.

Actually, it's also available to anyone in the United States, or at
least anyone who our server thinks is in the US, which seems to be a
rather smaller set.  Look starting at http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/

Unfortunately, MIT does not export Kerberos from the US.  Some third
parties do actually export Kerberos.  For example, the Kermit project
(http://www.kermit-project.org/) includes KFW in their release, but
I'm not sure they actually do a full install of it.

    Leslie>    I spoke with Alan I at your helpdesk today, and he
    Leslie> suggested I might send an e-mail to you, asking for a copy
    Leslie> of the distribution.  Is there any way this could be
    Leslie> arranged?  Clearly, the UK is a safe export location.

You will need to find someone who is willing to export the software to
you and deal with the appropriate legal requirements.