Kerberos Through a Linksys Router

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at watsun.cc.columbia.edu
Sun Oct 13 10:53:36 EDT 2002

In article <ansbg0$o36$1 at boss.cs.ohiou.edu>,
Doug Grammer <grammer at ohio.edu> wrote:
:     I work at Ohio University where we are using Kerberos to authenticate
: users who are using a calendaring program now called Oracle Calendar (it was
: CorporateTime) the authentication seems to be working fine for me except
: from home where I am behind a linksys hub/router.  It actually acts like
: everything is working right but I get an error everytime I try to login.  I
: think it has something to do with the Kerberos ticket I am getting and the
: fact that my actual machine I.P does not match that of the Linksys box that
: is inbetween me and the Internet any ideas?
:
: Thanks,
: Doug
:
:
:

You either need to use addressless ticket or embed the IP address of the
Linksys router into your tickets.  I use Kermit 95 to retrive my TGTs.
Here is a link to a kermit script that when executed will read the IP
address from the Linksys router and configure Kermit's Kerberos interface
to retrieve the appropriately addressed tickets.

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/scripts/ckermit/linksys

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer     Kermit 95 2.0 GUI available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University  SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/            Secured with MIT Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support at columbia.edu               OpenSSL.