Howto on getting Solaris [89] to authenticate to a MIT Kerberos V

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Mon Oct 7 15:16:53 EDT 2002

It depends what version of Solaris you are running and whether
you are using the Kerberos that comes with Solaris (SEAM) or
if you have installed MIT KRB5 on your Solaris box.

If you are running Solaris 8 or 9 and using the Solaris Kerberos
stuff (SEAM), which is based on MIT KRB5, then all you need
to do is edit your configuration files in /etc/krb5 to reference the
MIT KDC, just like you would with a krb5.conf file from MIT.

Lots of documentation can be found at
http://docs.sun.com (search for the "SEAM" books).

Also visit http://www.sun.com/security/kerberos for other links
including links to patches and whitepapers.

-Wyllys Ingersoll
   Sun Microsystems