microsoft xp gssapi client talking to solaris8 gssapi server

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 4 18:52:32 EDT 2002

    Tony> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:40:50 +0000 (UTC),
    Tony> rhoward102002 at yahoo.com (R
    Tony> Howard) wrote:

    >> The code I am compiling on XP is from the MS platform SDK
    >> (2/2002).  The server on the solaris box is from the krb5-1.2.6
    >> distribution.
    >>
    >> I am now trying to port the same gss-client from the MIT
    >> distribution to the XP box.  The Microsoft compiler does not
    >> recognize the gss_nt_service_name function call.
    >>
    Tony> You can't compile a Unix GSSAPI program on Windows as it
    Tony> isn't compatible at the API level.  The Windows GSSAPI
    Tony> samples are rewritten in SSPI to show the equivalent
    Tony> functions (No, I never got them to work either).
 This is of course false.  There are two ways you can port Unix GSSAPI
to Windows.  The first is to use MIT's Kerberos for Windows which
includes a native GSSAPI implementation.  The other is to use Martin
Rex's dll for converting GSSAPI calls to SSPI calls.