Problem using pam_krb5 + sshd on Solaris

Josef Kelbler kelbler at vumscomp.cz
Wed Nov 20 07:56:53 EST 2002

> I have one question though - Was your compile for krb5
> and pam_krb5 done cleanly ? I ran the configure scripts
> for krb5 as -
>
> ./configure --options  | more

I usually use:
./configure --options >protocol_conf.txt 2>&1
make >protocol_make.txt 2>&1
etc.
and then I can read protocols where are outputs stdout and stderr together.

I must say I had got warnings. I said about it earlier.

I used:
1) ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/local
2) Edited Makefile (LDFLAGS= <nothing>). Sun ld does not know option:
"-rpath /usr/local/lib".
   Set environment variable: LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local; export LD_RUN_PATH
   (pam_krb5.so.1 would have fixed path to another shared libraries).
3) make
   and got only warnings:
 gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -fpic -g -O2 pam_krb5_auth.c
 cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
 cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
 etc.  (I think - why not).
 It was during each gcc. It means this pair of warnings was 5 times.
 gcc -shared -o pam_krb5.so.1  pam_krb5_auth.o pam_krb5_pass.o
pam_krb5_acct.o
   pam_krb5_sess.o support.o -L/usr/local/lib
   -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lpam -lsocket -lnsl

I thing that everyting was right. May be.

Cheers
Josef