kerberos in IPV6

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 14 14:05:15 EST 2002

I'd say the reference to BSD, implying that it's the canonical source
for these numbers without nailing down a more specific version, is the
error.  And I've suggested that it be removed or changed in
kerberos-clarifications.

You don't say what version of BSD system you're looking at.  The
NetBSD sources use 24 for AF_INET6, not 22.  A copy of the 4.4BSD-Lite
Release 2 sources I found (June, 1995) has values through 25 assigned,
but no AF_INET6 at all.  And Linux uses 10, so unless you're writing
BSD-only apps, the correlation is useless anyways.

Don't assume that Kerberos address type numbers and UNIX AF_* values
have any relationship.  If you're converting addresses from one form
to another, you'll need a mapping for the address type values.