Windows Linux interoperability

bafian o{-<]: fabian79 at gmx.it
Wed Nov 13 10:21:37 EST 2002

Hi all,
I've a AD domain which contains all user accounts and now i want to insert a
linux
box in the domain.

My first goal was to use kerberos authentication to telnet to the linux box
with the ktelnet utility
from a windows XP workstation.
This works fine using the AD KDC and MIT kerberos telnetd on linux i can
authenticate to
the KDC recive a krbtgt ticket and then telnet to linux.

My problem is now to map users accounts from windows AD to linux.
I don't know what is the best solution to do that:
    -using LDAP
    -configuring a MIT realm on linux and then setting up a trust
relationship between this two domains
    -i've read somewhere you can do that with PAM, but i don't know where to
start

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Fabian Necci