ksu: Incorrect net address while geting credentials from kdc

Adams Kevin J kevin.adams at phs.com
Fri Nov 1 16:18:23 EST 2002

Dear kerberos helpers,

I have some multihomed Linux (krb 1.2.5) and AIX (krb 1.2.2) hosts, with the
KDC on AIX.

If I kinit -A from Linux, and telnet -F to AIX, the forwarded ticket always
has an address. On Linux the ticket does not have an address, but the
forwarded ticket on AIX does.

Then, when I ksu on the AIX host with the forwarded ticket, I get, "ksu:
Incorrect net address while geting credentials from kdc".

Since these are multihomed hosts, the forwarded ticket has an address
different than what hostname resolves to on AIX. Also, the forwarded ticket
includes only the address I used to telnet too, and not the other
interfaces. If I then kinit on AIX, the ticket includes all interfaces and
the ksu works.

The forwarded ticket looks the same whether I kinit or kinit -A.

I need to telnet to a specifice interface other than what hostname resolves
too.

Why does a forwarded ticket include an address when the original ticket does
not?

How do I get around this.

Thanks,
Kevin

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains information from PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.