FQDN needed by sasl_gss_client_step or gss_import_name?

Steve Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Mon May 20 17:19:24 EDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:00:21PM -0700, David Lawler Christiansen (NT) wrote:

> [...]

*Only* if the attacker has his own trusted service principal which he can
substitute for that of the server being spoofed.  Granted, as Kerberos use
becomes more widespread through increased deployment of Win2K, and as
inter-realm trust relationships become more frequent, this becomes a more
useful attack vector; but at least for my applications, DNS spoofing does
not represent a real danger, because there are very few service principals
that an attacker could successfully use in this manner: the inconvenience
of attempting to deploy another system for principal canonicalization far
outweighs any risks.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer