Could not rlogin or telnet to solaris machine from hpux

Jonathan Wackley jwackley at legato.com
Thu May 16 16:26:46 EDT 2002

Whenever I use rlogin the process hangs only for hp11n but it doesn't do
it for root;

kdestroy: No credentials cache file found while destroying cache
# ./kinit
Password for root at SALVADOR.LEGATO.COM:
# ./telnet salvador
Trying 137.69.101.132...
Connected to salvador.legato.com (137.69.101.132).
Escape character is '^]'.
telnetd: No authentication provided.
Connection closed by foreign host.
# ./rlogin -x salvador
This rlogin session is using DES encryption for all data transmissions.
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.5.1     Generic May 1996
You have new mail.
# quit
ksh: quit:  not found
# exit
Connection closed.
# exit
logout root
jwackley at truffula /home/jwackley:b cd kerberos/hp11n/bin/
jwackley at truffula /home/jwackley/kerberos/hp11n/bin:b ./rlogin salvador

Every time I try it hangs, does not respond to ^C, nothing;

wackley at truffula /home/jwackley:b cd kerberos/hp11n/bin/
jwackley at truffula /home/jwackley/kerberos/hp11n/bin:b ./kdestroy
jwackley at truffula /home/jwackley/kerberos/hp11n/bin:b ./kdestroy
kdestroy: No credentials cache file found while destroying cache
jwackley at truffula /home/jwackley/kerberos/hp11n/bin:b ./kinit
Password for jwackley at SALVADOR.LEGATO.COM:
jwackley at truffula /home/jwackley/kerberos/hp11n/bin:b ./rlogin salvador

There are no errors in the log.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix
this?

Thanks,
jonw