kdb5_util with -mkey_convert

Nicolas.Williams@ubsw.com Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com
Mon Jun 24 11:50:31 EDT 2002

Well, I've used this feature all of one time... And then I
used the other undocumented option (-new_mkey? I forget - look
in the source and try it) to tell kdb5_util where the new
stash file was.

But, given the recent posts on the MIT lists re: the byte order
dependence of the stash files I would venture a guess that that
is your problem. I.e., I suspect that you're trying the key
change on a machine whose arch is very different from the
machine on which the stash file you're using was created.

Beyond this I cannot help you... You would do well to compile
the kdb5_util with -g and post a backtrace though, should you
still get a core dump.

Cheers,

Nico
--