Building from source question (krb5 1.2.5) ...

Jerry Heyman jerry at scosco.raleigh.tivoli.com
Fri Jun 21 11:12:41 EDT 2002

In article <ae7ssp$fn7$1 at tivnews.tivoli.com>,
 jerry at scosco.raleigh.tivoli.com (Jerry Heyman) writes:
>I don't know if this is the right place to ask, so I'll do so (and
>expect corrections).
>
>I've downloaded the source from MIT and have been able to finagle
>configure to work on almost all the platforms that I need to support
>(building login.krb5 only) - except Sequent Dynix/PTX 4.44 :-(

I've now confirmed that Dynix/PTX has a bad socket() (and friends)
implementation.  All the other software we've written makes use of
TLI instead.

Can Kerberos be built in a TLI only environment?  Is it possible to
inform configure to ignore libsocket on a given platform?  Can the
apps/BSD/login program be compiled without sockets?

Thanks

jerry
--
Jerry Heyman   919.224.1442   | IBM SWG/Tivoli Software|"Software is the
Build Infrastructure Architect| 3901 S Miami Blvd      | difference between