Interoperability with WIN.NET

Jin S. sjin88 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 13 21:34:38 EDT 2002

I have been trying to test interoperability between Kerberos 5 and
.NET server (Beta 3). I use the .NET DC as the KDC for MIT
Kerberos-based client and host system.  I use ktpass.exe to map the
principal to the account and generate UNIX keytab file. However, the
MIT Kerberos libray fails to decrypt the ticket from .NET server. The
error message is "Decrypt integrity check failed".  The keys are
encrypted using DES-CBC-CRC or DES-CBC-MD5. Does anyone experience the
same problem?  Any clue about what .NET is doing will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jin S.