Compiling 1.2.5 on True64 v5.x

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 9 13:54:14 EDT 2002

Quoth Peter Losher <plosher at wwiv.com>:
| Has anyone encountered an issue compiling Kerberos 1.2.5 on a Tru64 {5.0 or
| 5.1) box using Compaq's C compiler?  Any pointers would be welcome.

Well, I just had a go at it with Digital UNIX 4.0, using DEC's
C compiler.  What a mess!  Your compiler sure seems to be more
tolerant than mine.  I'm having to fix several include files,
where preprocessor macros were indented.  (Folks, if you must
indent a preprocessor macro, that's fine, but the # has to stay
in the first column.)  With those fixes, it did build.

But I don't have your problem - maybe because DU 4.0 doesn't
even have an in6.h.  The authors of in6.h apparently expect
typedefs like "uint8_t" to exist, but don't manage to make
that happen.  You'll have to find where they're supposed to
come from - not sys/types.h, evidently, but no doubt something
like it.  Your compiler may actually be misconfigured, like
someone installed a IPv6 option but some include files were
not updated.  It's going to bite you every time you try to
compile just about anything.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu