building kerberos V5 1.2.5

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 1 13:35:12 EDT 2002

nanosuna at hotmail.com (Orlando Osuna) writes:

> checking struct utmp members
> checking for ut_host in struct utmp... yes
> checking for ut_syslen in struct utmp... no
> checking for ut_addr in struct utmp... no
> checking for ut_id in struct utmp... no
> checking for ut_pid in struct utmp... no
> checking for ut_type in struct utmp... no
> checking for ut_exit in struct utmp... no
> checking consistency of sysV-ish utmp API... not ok
> configure: error: have setutent but no ut_id, ut_type, or ut_pid in utmp
> configure: error: ./configure failed for util/pty
> lynxOS# ls
>
> If anybody can help, I will appreciate it,
> thank you

The utmp handling code in src/util/pty handles the two major types of
implementations, System V and BSD; that warning in the configure.in
script in that directory is indicating that while in some ways it
looks like the sysv version, it doesn't have some of the structure
fields typically found in that version.  In other words, we don't know
how the lynxOS implementation works.  So the code in update_utmp.c
(and update_wtmp.c) may or may not work.

Please look over your utmp.h header and the contents of the utmp and
wtmp files on your system (you can use dump-utmp.c for this, though
you may have to update it) and let us know if the code needs updating.
Note that there are several cases to look into -- logged in, logged
out, rlogin or telnet service started but user not logged in, pty name
format for an "id" or "line" field, perhaps others.  Programs like
"who" and "last" should return results for Kerberos logins just as
they would for the non-Kerberos versions.  As for this warning, if
you've got autoconf installed, you can simply delete the whole block
of configure.in that generates that warning and recreate it with the
util/reconf script, run in the src directory.

Ken