[MIT Kerberos] Graphical Single-Sign On

Philippe Perrin philippeperrin at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 14:51:46 EST 2002

Hello

I'm using Solaris 8 and the MIT's Kerberos V5. On such a workstation, I'd
like console users to authenticate with their Kerberos name/pass immediatly.
As explained in MIT's installation guide, I replaced /bin/login by
/local/sbin/login.krb5. Here is the result :
- at the end of the computer startup, the graphical login screen appears (as
it usual)
- if I type my Kerberos name and password, the KDC is *NOT* contacted, and
the login fails
- if I choose "Command line login" in the options and type the same
name/pass, the KDC is contacted and the login works (the TGT and the
host/... ticket are available in my cache)
How can I make the graphical login work in that way ?

Thank you !

Philippe