Getting kerberos to use fds > 256

Cesar Garcia Cesar.Garcia at morganstanley.com
Mon Feb 11 19:14:31 EST 2002

You might want to initialize the context when you application starts
up and reuse the same context. This would be more efficient as well.

Christopher> OK I am very clear now on why Kerberos is failing here ... I am calling from
Christopher> inside another application (same process).

Christopher> I have no control over the parent application and it creates lots (up to
Christopher> 6000) of simulateous open files and associated file descriptors.

Christopher> The problem is - once it goes past 256 open files/fds kerberos no longer
Christopher> works as it cannot use a fd above 256.

Christopher> It gives me the EMFILE (24) from init_context.

Christopher> So how do I convince the kerberos library to use the fds above 256 ?

Christopher> --
Christopher> ---
Christopher> /* Christopher Burke - Spam Mail to craznar at hotmail.com
Christopher> |* www.craznar.com -
Christopher> \* Real mail to cburke(at)craznar(dot)com
Christopher> Kerberos mailing list
Christopher> Kerberos at mit.edu