Kerberos stash file

Monica Lau mllau2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 14:58:38 EDT 2002

Hi Tom,
Yes, I've tried that, and it still prompts me for the master database password on the terminal.  Do you know any other options or if it's even possible?  Thanks for your help.
Monica

 Tom Yu wrote:>>>>> "mllau2002" == Monica Lau writes:

mllau2002> I'm trying to create a stash file without having to type
mllau2002> the master database password on the terminal. Is there an
mllau2002> option in "kdb5_util stash" where I can specify the
mllau2002> password on the command prompt (for testing purposes)?
mllau2002> I've tried "kdb_util stash -p Password," but there isn't
mllau2002> this "-p" option. I also tried "kdb_util stash -P
mllau2002> password," but this doesn't work.

Have you tried "kdb5_util -P password stash"? I believe the manpage
and usage message were previously incorrect in specifying the "global"
options following the command.

---Tom