Kerberos & xinetd

Harry Rüter harry_rueter at gmx.de
Mon Aug 19 18:17:21 EDT 2002

Hi,

Ken Raeburn wrote:

> harry_rueter at gmx.de (Harry Rüter) writes:
>
> > i'm tryin to run MIT kerberos 1.2.5 via
> > the xinetd daemon.
> >
> > As i'm relativly new to kerberos, especially
> > in combination with xinetd, i'd like to
> > ask if anybody did this succesfully ?
> >
> > I'd like to know how it's configured best (in xinetd).
>
> The MIT Kerberos documentation tells you how to add lines to the
> traditional inetd.conf file to run various Kerberos based services.
> The xinetd.conf file format is different, but most of the information
> is the same; just rearrange the examples we're provided.

i think i haven't written exact enough what i want.

I want to use xinetd for the krb5kdc and kadmind deamons.

The reason is, that i believe this is the only posibility
to restrict the deamons to bind just to ip-addresses i
allow to bind to ...

If there's another possibility to restrict the kerberos-
deamons to bind only to specified adresses, please tell me how.

> For example, a machine of mine at work is running one Kerberos service
> through xinetd.conf, using this description:

Yes, i saw those examples, but i couldn't find examples
that fit to my intentions .

greets Harry