Sources for Heimdal kerberos and OpenLDAP

Lars nospam at nospam.net
Tue Aug 6 08:42:40 EDT 2002

 > It all depends on what you want.  I've certainly got a reasonable
 > LDAP setup on Debian using MIT Kerberos where my accounts are stored
 > in LDAP, but my Kerberos database is stored in its own file.

My requirements are rather general.  I'd like a distributed user and
group management that apache, netatalk, ssh and others can use to
authenticate users and track access privileges.

I'd eventually like to have files or directories with multiple
combinations of groups and permissions.  AFS will probably do that.  Is
Kerberos+LDAP+AFS relevent there or can I do that with just
Kerberos+AFS?  Or cough up for a Netware license?

-Lars