Eudora-Mac-Cannot communicate with Kerberos

Dennis Qiu dqiu at dpw.com
Thu Aug 1 16:45:38 EDT 2002

I was working on a project to use Kerberos 5 in Eudora 5.

I was pretty sure KDC was working. I can telnet in from
Solairs and Windows NT machines using kerberos telnet.
And klist shows both kerberos 4 and 5 tgt. But POP server
authentication kept on failing. I checked the log file and
kdc.log it complained about principal name and kept using
old kerberos principal name.

I called QualComm support. The answer I got from them was
Eudora in Windows only uses kerberos 4 and new release will
support kerberos 5. That is the reason we postpone our
project.

So this is really a good news to me. May you let me know
what specific configuration I need to modify to make it work.

More specific.

kdc.conf
krb5.conf

Thanks alot