Eudora-Mac-Cannot communicate with Kerberos

Bill Verity whv at psu.edu
Thu Aug 1 15:23:24 EDT 2002

At 12:56 PM -0400 8/1/02, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >I encountered same problem in Window NT 4.0 using Eudora 5.1.
>>
>>The problem is Eudora only works with Kerberos 4 even the
>>Qpoper 4.0 recommends Kerberos 5. So make sure your
>>KDC is kerberos 4. Good news is the next release will work
>>with kerberkos 5.
>
>Uh, I've been using Eudora with Kerberos 5 for YEARS.  It works just
>fine.  Don't let anyone tell you differently.  The only exception is
>that Kerberos (4 or 5) doesn't work anymore under Mac OS X with
>Eudora.  But the upcoming Mac OS X 10.2 included "Mail" client supports
>Kerberos 5 (via GSSAPI, and it does encryption!) so that's an option.

Ken, I've been using Mac Eudora with K5 fine almost always.  I have a few machines that have the problem I indicated to the list.  I had heard that Jaguar mail had Kerberos.  Unfortunately, our popper does not support the GSSAPI style (whatever that means), only KCLIENT.  Mulberry also uses GSSAPI.  Is it difficult to convert to this style on our pop server?  Can we do both in the same server?

--
BE ALERT!!!!  (The world needs more lerts ...)

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)