Eudora-Mac-Cannot communicate with Kerberos

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Aug 1 12:56:53 EDT 2002

>I encountered same problem in Window NT 4.0 using Eudora 5.1.
>
>The problem is Eudora only works with Kerberos 4 even the
>Qpoper 4.0 recommends Kerberos 5. So make sure your
>KDC is kerberos 4. Good news is the next release will work
>with kerberkos 5.

Uh, I've been using Eudora with Kerberos 5 for YEARS.  It works just
fine.  Don't let anyone tell you differently.  The only exception is
that Kerberos (4 or 5) doesn't work anymore under Mac OS X with
Eudora.  But the upcoming Mac OS X 10.2 included "Mail" client supports
Kerberos 5 (via GSSAPI, and it does encryption!) so that's an option.

--Ken