Kerberos support in SSH

Phil Camus philippe.camus at in-fusio.com
Tue Apr 30 02:49:42 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I have my Solaris 5.8 systems running SSH-3.1.0. I've decided to install
Kerberos 5-1.0.6. Both softwares work fine, and I've decided to make the
final step : to compile SSH with kerberos support.

Unfortunately, here is what I got :

./configure --prefix=/data/tools/admin/ssh
--with-kerberos5=/krb5
 --with-libwrap=/usr/lib/libwrap.a --without-none
--disable-group-writeability

checking whether to use Kerberos... yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lresolv... (cached) yes
checking for com_err in -lcom_err... (cached) yes
checking for krb5_decrypt in -lk5crypto... (cached) no
checking for krb5_auth_con_init in -lkrb5... (cached) no
No Kerberos5 installed - support disabled.

The krb5 directory includes the lib and include directories, and the
binaries. I've looked for a while on the internet, but I coudn't find
anything. Any help would be welcome !

Thanks in advance,

Phil