Uses of kerberos?

Doug Cuthbertson doug.cuthbertson at entegrity.com
Wed Apr 24 15:51:50 EDT 2002

Actually, Microsoft made there own version of Kerberos for Win2K Server (I
don't think it's available in the workstation version). It has some
differences with standard Kerberos - I think other have reported some
interoperability problems, but I'm not sure what those are.

There are versions of Kerberos available for Windows. Also, DCE (Distributed
Computing Environment) uses Kerberos. Client and server versions of DCE are
available on Windows and several versions of Unix (including Linux - at
least the client side).

Doug Cuthbertson
Entegrity Solutions Corp.
Project Lead, PC-DCE