Root login

Marc syn_uw at NOSPAM_hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 03:56:11 EDT 2002

Austin Gonyou wrote:

> Hrm..that is strange. Did you replace login entirely with login.krb5(via
> symlink or some such thing?) That could be part of the problem. If you
> have pam_krb5.so, you should probably use that and configure pam to do
> what you want, otherwise, I don't think it will be possible.

No I don't use PAM because Linux Slackware doesn't come with any PAM support
(a shame!).  I did a smylink yes. So it is then not possible to get root
login check to lcoal passwd/shadow using login.krb5 ?

How do you configure pam_krb5.so so that the root account doesn't get checked
via Kerberos ?

Regards