ftpd and AFS tickets

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Apr 23 11:52:09 EDT 2002

I'm using the kerberized version of FTPd coming with
MIT Kerberos V. I'm about to move all my users to AFS
space. One thing that struck me, is what to do with
the AFS token...

Currently I'm using SSH with GSSAPI and pam_krb5 support.
In /etc/profile (and/or pam config for ssh) I'm getting
the AFS token, so it's possible to use AFS as home when
doing interactive logins with SSH.

But how about the kerberized FTP/Telnet clients/daemons?
Some users need to be able to upload stuff to their home
with ftp (either from Windows or Linux) clients. This will
not be possible if there is no AFS token in the session...

I _COULD_ replace the kerberized ftpd with wu-ftpd/whatnot
and use PAM, but....
--
nitrate 747 KGB Semtex president NSA toluene ammonium smuggle $400
million in gold bullion DES Rule Psix Saddam Hussein bomb Serbian