krb5kdc crashes

Marcus Watts mdw at umich.edu
Wed Apr 3 02:33:28 EST 2002

Ken Raeburn <raeburn at mit.edu> writes:
> discarded.  I've got some other ideas in mind I might try coding up
> for future releases, such as using the wildcard socket to determine
> when the machine has acquired an address the KDC didn't know about
> when it started up, as a signal that it should re-check the local
> addresses.  It still can't usefully process the packet it got *if* the
> machine has multiple addresses, but if it has only one, it's probably
> a safe bet that that one address is the one the client is expecting
> the KDC to use.

It looks to me like 4.4bsd derived systems implement a udp option,
	INP_RECVDSTADDR
that will result in getting IP address the packet was sent to.
I don't know if linux implements this, and I can't find any evidence
solaris has this option, but this might be useful on systems that
do support this.

					-Marcus Watts
					UM ITCS Umich Systems Group