[ietf-enroll] Future of this WG

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Thu Jun 16 16:19:45 EDT 2005

Hi Paul (and list),

It's not clear to me why the activity is not higher than it has been.
I have had limited time to spend on this topic, all though I have
echoed some statements at plenary meetings regarding requirements.
For what it's worth, my own participation in the WG will increase in
the future, as I am entering a problem space that requires something
"enroll-like" to solve a trusted device deployment problem.

If the aggregate interest that you receive in maintaining the WG does
not meet the requirements of the IETF, I would like to state that I
would be willing to work with others on an independent submission.
I'm assuming that when you said independent submissions of RFCs are
supported, did you mean both standards-track RFCs as well as
informational RFCs ?

Regards,
Randy