[ietf-enroll] Please help with TTI model document v2

max pritikin pritikin at cisco.com
Fri Sep 24 23:51:04 EDT 2004

Namely I'm working on draft-pritikin-ttimodel-02.txt (not yet submitted)
and need some input.

As you may recall from the last meeting there were a couple of major
issues discussed,

1. The document did not seem to discuss a series of introductions Jim
Schaad presented on. For review his presentation can be found here:
http://www.employees.org/~czmax/tti/schaad-enroll.ppt
I've added a discussion of these to the document as section 4
"Introduction data-flow". (Section title entirely up for debate). What I
found while writing this section was that I think of these scenarios as
variations on the basic data-flow described. The section text reflects
this viewpoint and attempts to show how these are related.

Comments highly appreciated!

2. The above exercise was excellent as it gave me at least an idea how
to approach the 'security aspects' discussion. I am not confident yet
about this section and am very interested in people's opinions. What is
expected here and do you know of good examples to point me to? Would you
be willing to provide some additional text to clarify your thoughts?

What I ended up doing was identifying what I felt are the key security
aspects to be concerned with and wrote a bit about them. This is in the
new Section 5 "Security Aspects".

Should this section replace the cookie-cutter text I currently have in
Section 9 "Security Considerations"?

Anyway, this is a substantial revision from 01 and, as of yet, I'm the
only one that has seen it. As such it has not been submitted yet.
Instead I've posted a copy as:
draft-pritikin-ttimodel-02-prereleaseA.txt

You can obtain it from here:
http://www.employees.org/~czmax/tti/draft-pritikin-ttimodel-02-prereleaseA.txt

Thanks for any feedback,

	- Max