[ietf-enroll] Some thoughts on ENROLL's direction

Alper Yegin alper.yegin at samsung.com
Wed Apr 21 20:27:53 EDT 2004

> At 11:17 AM -0700 4/21/04, Max Pritikin wrote:
> >Although of course we have to accept that in some deployments (small
> >scale for example) people may find entering (or verifying) the data
> >manually is a useful case. Thus we shouldn't completely ignore it.
>
> Wearing my co-chair hat, I would say we should not ignore it at all.
> It is OK if we do a worse job in cases where the identifier is
> human-readable, but I think we will have missed the spirit of the
> charter if we have no cases where a human can enter the identifier in
> some UI such as a keyboard, a touch-tone pad, or verbally.

I agree. In fact I believe, there would be humans and physical security
(authentication and privacy) elements in some enrollment scenarios.
Those may or may not be primary scenarios for this WG to consider, but
nevertheless they are real-life scenarios that can be viewed through the
enroll framework glass.

Alper