[ietf-enroll] Some thoughts on ENROLL's direction

Paul Hoffman / VPNC paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Wed Apr 21 15:11:35 EDT 2004

At 11:17 AM -0700 4/21/04, Max Pritikin wrote:
>Although of course we have to accept that in some deployments (small
>scale for example) people may find entering (or verifying) the data
>manually is a useful case. Thus we shouldn't completely ignore it.

Wearing my co-chair hat, I would say we should not ignore it at all.
It is OK if we do a worse job in cases where the identifier is
human-readable, but I think we will have missed the spirit of the
charter if we have no cases where a human can enter the identifier in
some UI such as a keyboard, a touch-tone pad, or verbally.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium