[I-mobile-u] mobile-friendly autocomplete?

Dave Olsen dmolsen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:08:01 EST 2010

i haven't used it for a mobile project but you can check out wick.

http://wick.sourceforge.net/

while the source is only 16k in order to make it really smooth you'll
have to have all the data embedded in the page as well (instead of
waiting on calls back to the server). that could add up.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Derek Morr <derekmorr at psu.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a light-weight autocompletion Javasscript API that
> renders well on a mobile device? I'm looking for one to use one on our
> mobile map search interface. We have ~350 buildings just at the
> University Park campus, and another 300 or so on the other campuses, so
> browsing sometimes gets cumbersome.
>
> I've cobbled together a proof-of-concept using jquery's autocomplete
> plugin, but it seems heavyweight (almost 30 KB) and the UI isn't as
> natural as I'd like.
>
> -derek
>
> --
> Derek Morr
> Senior Systems Programmer
> Emerging Technologies, Information Technology Services
> The Pennsylvania State University
> derekmorr at psu.edu
>
> This email was sent (at least in part) over IPv6.

Proud supporter of DC United