[I-mobile-u] iMobileU

Michael R. Gettes gettes at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 12 17:26:54 EST 2010

Mobile CSGers,

I'd like to mention once again the iMobileU effort is under way.
While we had a slow start to the 2010 calls - largely due to
MITers be distracted by some heads down work on iPhone, we
began again today with another conference call involving the following
institutions:

University of Washington (the UW as RL Bob says), Iowa, West
Virgina, Minnesota, Penn State, Brown and MIT.

Discussion centered around what each institution is working on
and how we will collaborate on common changes to the MIT Mobile
Framework and Web interface.  We spent a bit of time discussing
the development experiences and issues with the recent MIT iPhone
app and what Blackboard Mobile is doing with Blackberry and the
UW experiences there.  Iowa is doing it's own dev and we discussed
their experiences as well for mobile web and issues with win mobile.
PSU and WVU are also doing interesting dev work with maps and
alternative implementations within the MIT framework - and we
discussed how these works might be carried forward.

Our calls are every two weeks involving info sharing, code and
related development experiences and finding collaboration opportunities.
Next call is Friday, Feb 26 @ 1pm ET.  Subscribe to the list pointed
to by the Wiki below and ask for call info.

These are calls are not limited to higher education.

The iMobileU wiki is at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/imobileu

If you are not a member of InCommon to use this wiki - SHAME ON YOU!
then follow instructions at:

http://middleware.internet2.edu/docs/internet2-spaces-instructions-200703.html

Many thanks to the iMobileU participants for engaging discussion.

/mrg