[galib] put bestIndividual into a variable

Alin Ionascu alin1x at live.com
Mon Jul 30 18:38:41 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to GAlib and I was wondering if you could help me with something.
I created a GARealGenome:
        GARealAlleleSet alleles(MIN_VALUE, MAX_VALUE);        GARealGenome genome(1, alleles, Objective);        GASimpleGA ga(genome);
After the GA has finished I would like to further work with the best individual.I can print it out with the following command:    cout << ga.statistics().bestIndividual();

My question is the following :      How can I assign the value to a variable for example a double (each individual has just a value which is a real).     I tried to do something like this:    double test = ga.statistics().bestIndividual();     (this obviously doesn't work since the type ga.statistics().bestIndividual() is const GAGenome& bestIndividual(unsigned int n=0) const  )

Can you please tell me how I can get the value from ga.statistics().bestIndividual() into a double variable.
Thanks,Alin