[galib] Tagging a genome

Erik Chelstad chelstad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:15:53 EDT 2007

Hi,
I was wondering what the best approach is to tag each individual genome.

I've ventured down a couple of paths, and I'm not sure of the most efficient
way.

I've:

1) Derived my own data class from public GAEvalData
and
2) Used the userData in the base genome.

Neither method seems to be 100% accurate when I go back and try and use it.

Basically, I'm attempting to associate a file with each genome (created
during the Fitness function) and then delete the file when the genome's
destructor is called.
Inevitably, I'm left with some extra files after each run.

Has anyone else needed to keep some sort of "meta-data" for each genome and
found a better way?

Thanks in advance!

 - Erik