[galib] Return value

Somnath Bhattacharjee sn.bhattacharjee at yahoo.co.in
Sun Dec 23 00:55:07 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

                     I'm new in GA. I made a maximization problem. but what I saw in the examples of the GAlib246 from mit.edu. is that only the best genomes are being printed , not the maximum or minimum value of the objective function.
1.how can I print the best maximum value for the objective function.

2. where the value is being returned from objective function?

3.how can I  add the values of two or three objective functions in an another objective function and then print the maximum or minimum value of that Obj function.

  cout << "the ga generated:\n" << ga.statistics().bestIndividual() << "\n";

float
D1(GAGenome & c)
{
  GABin2DecGenome & genome = (GABin2DecGenome &)c;
  float value=0;
  value += genome.phenotype(0) * genome.phenotype(0);
  value += genome.phenotype(1) * genome.phenotype(1);
  value += genome.phenotype(2) * genome.phenotype(2);
  return(value);
}

Thanks
Happy New Year in Advance