[galib] GAlib with MPI

Christian S. Perone christian_perone at yahoo.com.br
Mon Apr 23 09:50:22 EDT 2007

I don't know how old is and the status of project, but there is one in
sourceforge
which are trying to parallelize library with MPI, maybe this help you:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpigalib/

Cya !
- Christian S. Perone

On 4/20/07, jaguilar_dem <jaguilar at dem.ist.utl.pt> wrote:

> Hi lots!
> I'm a new user of GALib and trying to make parallel run using MPI.
>
> GAlib works with PVM 3.3.10 or later. The release *2.4 *of GAlib
>
>  includes examples that show how to use GAlib with PVM
>
> for two types of parallelization: (1) one genome per process/CPU
>
> and (2) one population per process/CPU, but i need to use MPI.
>
> Is there anybody who uses GALib with MPI ? If yes, could you send an
> example code to me ?
> e-mail: jaguilar at dem.ist.utl.pt
>
> Thanks,
> Aguilar Madeira

Christian S. Perone - christian_perone at gmail dot com
"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is
that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music
of the essence."
- Schopenhauer, Vol. I, Chapter III, The World As Representation