[galib] Problem with program's structure

assia assia at videotron.ca
Tue Apr 10 07:09:24 EDT 2007

Hi,
is it any body, who can help me to identify my program's problem, I personalize exo26 for my case, and all things seem OK, but I can't find a good solution.
My problem is about finding a set of rectangles that dont overlap like this :

           1

      2

             4

             3

but all solutions I am finding are like this

             1

                      2

                       3

               4

My fitness take into acount the number of intersections and the intersection's surface like this :

A = 100 * ( 1 - (number of Intersections / 3)

 B = 100 * (1 - (surface of  intersection / Surface of rectangle))

fitness =  x * A + ( 1-x ) * B
I can send you my code, if any person suggests to help me. I feel in dead end.

Thanks advance.
Assia.