[galib] Error during compiling randtest.c

kinek kinek at gmx.net
Mon May 29 06:58:17 EDT 2006

Hello,

I´m a newbee with GAlib246 and just tried to compile it. I use Windows
XP and gcc version 3.4.2 (mingw-special).
After unpacking the GAlib-Package i modify just the makevars.bcc this way:

# -*- Mode: makefile -*-
# Copyright (c) 1999 Matthew Wall, all rights reserved
# makefile variables for compiling on windows
#

LIB_NAME= ga

### Set these directories to whatever is appropriate for your system.
These
### used only if you do a 'make install'.  They specify where the
library and
### header files should be installed.
DESTDIR=c:\galib246
HDR_DEST_DIR=$(DESTDIR)\include
LIB_DEST_DIR=$(DESTDIR)\lib

MKDEPEND    = echo
MKDIR       = mkdir
CP          = xcopy
RM          = del /f

CXX         = gcc
LD          = gcc
AR          = tlib.exe
INSTALL     = copy
CXX_INC_DIR = c:\mingw\include
CXX_LIB_DIR = c:\mingw\lib

CFLAGS   =
CXXFLAGS = -q -P -RT -I$(CXX_INC_DIR) -w-var -w-inl
LDFLAGS  = -q -c -x -Gn -L$(CXX_LIB_DIR)
ARFLAGS  =

.SUFFIXES:
.SUFFIXES: .C
.C.o:
    $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) -o$*.o -c $<
.C.obj:
    $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) -o$*.obj -c $<

After that i uncomment GALIB_USE_STREAMS as suggested in the
installation instructions. Finally i disable the warnings, as
also told in the install instructions.

After starting with "make" the compilation-process starts promising, but
ended with this error:

a - GAListBASE.o
a - GAList.o
a - GAListGenome.o
echo no ranlib libga.a
no ranlib libga.a
echo "g++ -g -Wall" > BUILD
libga.a is now up-to-date
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/galib246/ga'
cd examples; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/galib246/examples'
g++ -g -Wall -I.. -c randtest.C
randtest.C: In function `int main(int, char**)':
randtest.C:25: error: `STD_CERR' undeclared (first use this function)
randtest.C:25: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
 function it appears in.)
randtest.C:93: error: `STD_COUT' undeclared (first use this function)
make[1]: *** [randtest.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/galib246/examples'
make: *** [ex] Error 2

Can anybody help.

Thanks in advance for helping

Greetings