[galib] [help] the compile of GAlib

Wang, Taylor Wu Chao twwang at trane.com
Tue Feb 21 00:44:55 EST 2006

Hi, all & Kevin:

Sorry for disturb you all. I have problem on compiling the Galib and I need
your help.
My compile environment is Microsoft Visual C++ .NET (version 7.0).

I have compiled Galib following the steps in Kevin's letter [Compiling GALib
under visual c++ 2003 (version7) Jan. 30th, 2006] strictly.
That is:
1. creat a blank console project (win32).
2. rename all the *.c and *.h files in ga folder into *.cpp and *.hpp
respectively.
3. also rename the ex1.c to ex1.cpp
4. add all the file into project and compile.

But the compile failed, the following file (EX9.htm) is error message.

                                  <<EX9.htm>>

I also tried another mehtod:

1. creat a blank static library project (win32)
2. rename all the *.c and *.h files in ga folder into *.cpp and *.hpp
respectively.
3. delete all the string "ga/" in #include statement of all files
4. add all the files into project and comile

The compile still failed, the following file(EX10.htm) is error message.

                              <<EX10.htm>>
I download the Galib is to use it in my own application. Can it be compiled
into dll? And how can it be compile into static lib?
Do you have any idea and suggestion ?

Best Regards,
Wang, Taylor, Wuchao