[galib] Problems with std_stream.h - galib-2.4.6

Miguel Nicolau Miguel.Nicolau at ul.ie
Thu Mar 10 11:21:11 EST 2005

Hello there,

this is my first post on this list (which until recently I didn't know it
existed); I looked through the archives but didn't find a reference to
this problem, so here it goes.

We have been using GALib on our lab for a while, as a base for Grammatical
Evolution, and we are extremely happy with it.

However, I recently installed 2.4.6, but now I get errors when compiling
small programs of this kind:

#include<ga/ga.h>
int main(){
         GAGenome g;
         GASteadyStateGA ga(g);
         return 0;
}

g++ -c test.cc

The list of errors is quite long, but it basically comes down to this:

/usr/local/include/ga/GAParameter.h:16:27: ga/std_stream.h: No such file
or directory

I made a global install of GALib on /usr/local. The error occurs both with
gcc 3.3.2 and 3.4.1 . If I copy std_stream.h from the galib source
directory to /usr/local/include/ga/, the error disappears. Is there any
specific reason for it not to be copied with `make install`? Is my
solution all that is needed (i.e. do you think it will create other
problems)?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work, we are totally addicted to GALib
around here!

All the best,

Miguel