[galib] customization problem

Christian Samuel Perone christian_perone at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 9 08:43:33 EDT 2005

About the initializer, the prototype of the
initializer function is "void
(*GAGenome::Initializer)(GAGenome &)", so you
can't pass a function with a float parameter. I
recommend use of globals, it's a bad pratice, but
is the only that I know in this case.

--- #SAWHNEY ADITI# <aditi at pmail.ntu.edu.sg> escreveu:

> Supposing these below are the protoptypes for my
> customized initializer and objectiev functions.
>
> float objective(GAGenome &, float);
>
> void RouteInitializer(GAGenome &, float );
>

> my question is how now do i pass the float parameter
> to teh fiunctions. normally to make gagenome use my
> customized function i would just issue:
> GARealGenome genome(numCustomer+numVeh, alleles,
> objective);
>
> genome.initializer(RouteInitializer);
>
> but how will i pass my float parameter? oor should i
> make my parameter a global variable?
>
> I'm sorry for the amateurish quetsiosn but i am new
> to galib and c++.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aditi

              ()_ _()
              ( O o )
Christian Samuel Perone - christian_perone at yahoo dot com dot br
MSN - christian.perone at hotmail dot com
"Porque um dia você irá olhar para o céu e poderá estar vendo a terra."