[galib] GA doesn't evaluate all mutated individuals

Liekens, A.M.L. A.M.L.Liekens at tue.nl
Mon Nov 29 11:30:28 EST 2004

Daniel,

in your original e-mail you said you are using co-evolution in your experiments, and that the fitness of weak individuals was too high, correct? Maybe I'm just guessing here, but since GAlib only re-evaluates genomes that have recently changed (mutated, crossed, whatever), and doesn't take changes of the fitness function into account (i.e. your fitness function changes as the other population also evolves), then it's also possible that the individuals remain their fitnesses of some generations ago as they didn't mutate, but the fitness function changes over time. Did you check that this may have been a cause of the errors you've been finding?

Anthony,-