[galib] not enough memory for evolution?

gio sarto teofilo68 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 03:46:46 EST 2004

Hi Annelie

in my opinion it is very unlikely that the program
crashes because the evolution process needs too much
memory, since that would normally just cause a
slowdown
of the execution due to swapping between RAM and
hard-disk cache memory.
I would suggest you try to run your application under
a debugger (gdb for instance) and see what happens,
it is otherwise very hard for you to guess what
causes the crash. Also, if your program generates
a core dump before crashing, feed it to gdb:

> gdb -c core path_to_your_executable

it might directly tell you the line where it had
crashed.

Greets

Giovanni Sartoni
 --- Annelie Holzkämper <annelie.holzkaemper at ufz.de>